Recently I read The Confetti Room and discovered the concept of a “Year of Firsts” list. Similar to the Kid Bucket List but condensed into 12 months, the Year of Firsts list details all the things you want to try for the first time in 2015.
This year I’m totally jumping on board The Confetti Room’s #YearOf Firsts challenge. I’m tweaking it so it’s all about our family adventures and experiences.
Want to join in? The rules are pretty simple:
– Make a list of at least 20 – 30 ‘firsts’ you want to experience this year.
– Document those experiences by taking photos & bloging about them, linking back to your list.
– Post your url in the comment section on The Confetti Room so others can follow your journey.
– Leave a comment on the other participants #YearOfFirsts posts!
- Try out the local skate park
- Create a stop motion movie
- Visit a town or state we have never travelled to before
- Learn how to spot the Southern Cross in the sky
- Try snails
- Experience Teppanyaki
- Go for a night walk with torches
- Try indoor skydiving via iFly Downunder
- Start a coding journey
- Learn about bush tucker and collect some ourselves
- Build a snowman
- Complete a scavenger hunt
- Roast marshmallows together
- Swim in the ocean at Bondi Beach
- Swim in a lake
- Catch a Sydney Ferry
- Learn to count 10 in another language
- Build a sandcastle with a moat
- Skip stones
- Host a picnic with friends
Have you created YOUR Year of Firsts list? We would love to check it out. Please leave your URL in the comment box below so we can head on over and read it. Think we should add something? Let us know.